Every business will have its own reasons for wanting to work to achieve and hold the Investing in Volunteers for Employers standard. Through consultation to inform development it was clear that employers wanted both a tool to help develop their practice and a mark against which to recognise their work.
Investing in Volunteers for Employers is designed to meet both these needs and seeks to provide a structured tool to:
- ensure best practice in employer supported volunteering systems and delivery
- motivate employees through well managed and flexible employer supported volunteering initiatives
- increase the number of employee volunteers being supported by their employer
- promote the company’s commitment to their local community
- support the consolidations of practice and encourage consistency of opportunities and experience
- review how employer supported volunteering initiatives are complementing business values and objectives.
Investing in Volunteers for Employers is designed as both a tool for those companies wishing to develop their practice and as a standard against which to benchmark your current work.
Fully registering for external assessment gives employers access to a dedicated assessor who can provide feedback on current practice and suggest development areas. It also enables access to password protected web pages which are full of helpful information and guidance on employer supported volunteers’ best practice. This library contains information from across the UK and is an invaluable resource to those working towards assessment.
On successful of achievement of the standard, employers can use the Investing in Volunteers for Employers quality mark to display that their work meets a UK wide standard.